What is in this article?
A Schedule of Condition is a formal document that records the condition of the property before lease commencement.
Without a Schedule of Condition the original state of the property is hard to identify and can become largely irrelevant during dilapidations negotiations.
This can lead to the tenant being required to leave the property in better condition than at the beginning of the lease.
Allied Surveyors are independent experts in the complex and specialist field of Commercial Leases. We pride ourselves in ensuring that any prospective landlord or tenant receives the best advice we can offer before signing commercial leases.
Allied Surveyors can help with:
- Your Rights - Help you understand the rights of both the Landlords and the Tenant.
- Pre-Lease - Advice on how to minimise the financial implications if disputes occur at the end of the lease.
- Schedule of Condition - Formal record of the condition of the property before lease commencement.
- Building Survey - Provide a Building Survey giving a detailed report of the condition of the property and defects that will be likely to require rectification under the lease.
- Dilapidations - A Schedule of Condition provides documentary evidence of the condition of a property that can be used at the end of the tenancy in the event of Dilapidations.
- Liability Reduction - A Schedule of Condition may seem like an unnecessary expense at the time but the likely saving in Dilapidations Liability can not be overstated and the cost is usually a very small fraction of the savings achieved.
- Photographic Evidence - Photographs provide undisputable evidence of the condition of a property.
- Lease Transfers - Ensuring you have your own Schedule of Condition that can prove the state of the property when you took over the lease, this can prevent you being responsible for any disrepair caused by a previous tenant.
Allied Surveyors carry out Schedule of Conditions nationwide.
Our office specialises in the greater West Midlands area including; Birmingham, Coventry, Staffordshire and Redditch. We also cover Shropshire, Central Wales and the Welsh Border.
- Find out more about The areas we cover.
The cost of preparing a Schedule of Condition is dependent of the type, size and complexity of the property. However, the cost in relation to the likely saving in dilapidations liability can not be overstated and is usually a very small fraction of the savings achieved.
If you would like to find out how much a Schedule of Condition may cost you, why not contact us?